American Truck Simulator revamp from 1:35 to 1:20 map scale
SPrague June 23rd 2016 – SCS Software proudly informs about upcoming big changes for American Truck Simulator which will get significantly larger map. The new scale 1:20 is equivalent to that of Euro Truck Simulator 2, so the flow of time in both games will be the same.
Assets to be delivered
The benefits are clear – you’re going to get a free “take 2” on the West-coast states that you already have in the game, and roomier game world for future expansions. In addition, this expansion will come with new road segments to explore and updated technology for the old roads.
· Upping the map scale from 1:35 to 1:20, meaning 1.75x longer roads outside the cities
· Retouching the existing system of roads and intersections and revisiting the placement of cities and crossroads
· Focusing on a better sense of scale and distance, more space for large vistas
· Adjusting the timescale – meaning a slower day/night cycle and longer intervals between when the driver needs to rest and refuel
· Revamping problematic junctions – no more Interstate intersections!
· Enhancing the driver experience system to more closely mirror ETS2’s system
· More room for densely populated areas in future map expansions
Long road ahead
It will take several months to re-scale the existing world before we can move on to building completely new areas and DLC. The map designers are in fact hard at work already on the re-scaling project. To help reduce the turn around time of new state DLC during this renovation, a large part of the 3D assets team is working on vegetation, buildings, landmarks, and any new prefabs we need for new state DLC.
Polished result of this large rescale will be delivered as a free game update for all American Truck Simulator owners.
[This unedited press release is made available courtesy of XinoGamez and its partnership with notable game PR-related resource GamesPress.]